Part ‘P’


From the 1st January 2005 the law changed. The Government has amended the Building Regulations with a new Part ā€˜Pā€™ requiring all domestic electrical work to be carried out by a registered electrical contractor or Tested, on completion, by a registered contractor. All domestic electrical work in England and Wales will be enforced through local building control.
This has wide ranging implications when it comes to selling or renting out your property even to taking out building insurance. The homeowner will be required to provide evidence, in the form of certified paperwork, that all electrical work has been carried out to BS 7671.

Napit stands for ‘National Association of Professional Inspectors and Testers’.

Links to Part ‘P’ and Napit contact details:-


Comments are closed.

  • 24 Hour Emergency Callout

    We offer a 24 hour, 7 days a week, 365 days a year electrical emergencies callout service.
    Call: 01684 295694 or Mobile: 07825768480


    We offer a FREE no obligation quote, simply call us with your requirements.